DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Chicago IL, Atlanta GA, Costa Mesa, CA
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today's world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie is currently seeking a DIRECTOR, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT to join our team, reporting to the VP of Program Management. The Director of Program Management will be responsible for overseeing budgets and ensuring the timely and effective completion of multiple projects of varying scope while also effectively coordinating with all of the functions (e.g., Engineering, ROW, Operations, Procurement, Logistics, etc.). The Director of Program Management is responsible for ensuring that financial objectives, KPIs, SLAs, and internal key performance metrics are achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns process and operational use of tools for all phases of work: design, implementation, closeout, & change order management
- Drives standardization, quality and optimization across multiple programs
- Works with key customers in identifying program needs and leads program infrastructure, implementation, and governance structure
- Partners with key functional leaders to identify performance gaps, prioritize opportunities, and manage improvement roadmap for functional areas
- Facilitates cross-functional process improvement DMAIC projects and leads Rapid Improvement events (Kaizens), including identifying and managing all resources needed, selection of and training on Lean and/or Six Sigma tools to be used, process mapping, documentation and rollout of improved processes. Investigates and identifies root causes of process performance drivers; corrects or develops new processes, as appropriate in order to achieve improved performance
- In conjunction with the Training Specialist, acts as a "change agent" for the company and ensures process improvement activity is communicated, understood, and supported within the organization. Provides the appropriate level of leadership and coaching to ensure participation and "buy in" from employees in order to sustain improved process
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; applies control procedures resulting in permanent corrective action, yield, and productivity improvement
- Develops and monitors key metrics and leading indicators to measure the business and improve operating processes
- Ensures project managers are managing the profit & loss, job cost, cash flow, contract deliverables, and increase asset yield for all of their assigned projects
- Ensures project teams keep customers informed of project progress, issues and projected completion dates
- Ensures deployment and customer meetings are held regularly and issues/conflicts are resolved promptly. This includes working cooperatively with Region, and Market teams to integrate and administer all activities to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of customer contracts and customer expectations
- Works in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the identification of functional, organizational and/or procedural issues and bring about swift and effective solutions
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA a plus
- PMP, SCRUM, Agile or other project/program management certification preferred
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility is required
- Eight to ten or more (8-10+) years of related experience with fiber/IP/wireless, top tier National Carrier and/or OEM; DAS network deployment
- Eight to ten or more (8-10+) years of related program leadership experience with fiber/IP/wireless, top tier National Carrier and/or OEM for DAS deployments
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams and across widely varying stakeholders in an organization
- Demonstrated experience in improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), as position requires communication with senior executives on a regular basis; results oriented, problem solving individual
- Strong project management experience and a commitment to quality and cost consciousness
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie's Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com