|This is a senior-level engineering job to help define and implement AT&T Public Sector Solutions (PSS) secure mobility solutions for PSS customers. The candidate will work as a member of a technical team to thoroughly understand US Government (USG) guidance on secure mobility such as the NSA/IAD’s Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Capability Packages, NIAP Protection Profiles, and DoDI 8420.
The successful candidate will apply/adapt current and future AT&T mobility services, mobile industry technology, and information assurance tools and techniques to build solutions that comply with USG guidance. This job includes consideration of business interests and strategies for cybersecurity and cloud computing, so selected candidates will work with a range of information assurance topics and products.
Specific responsibilities are to foster a thorough understanding of mobile threats and vulnerabilities across the technical team.
- Develop and validate design options and architectures
- Document, explain and demo solutions to clients and business stakeholders manage technical tasks to budget and schedule.
- Requires interaction with cross-functional peers in AT&T, vendors and USG leads to develop product roadmaps, assess impacts, establish priorities, justify schedules and budgets, provide status, resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Setup, operate, and evaluate the security of a virtual Evolved Packet Core (vEPC) based on next-generation, cloud-based technologies and incorporating dedicated physical mobile network elements as critical communications infrastructure.
- Work in concert with network and cloud security engineers to plan and execute test, analyze results, prove vulnerabilities and mitigations through functional prototypes, and make security recommendations.
- Lead security analysis activities specific to the mobile network
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited university
- At least six years of hands-on experience in telecommunications
- At least three years of hands-on experience operating packet core mobility networks
- Prefer hands-on experience installing and configuring such components as HLR/HSS, GGSN/PGW/PCEF, SGSN/SGW, SMSC, and IMS.
- Experience with carrier-class virtual packet core elements highly preferred, experience in cloud-based systems especially related to telecommunications preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of vendor test and emulation equipment for mobility networks. Deep understanding of 2.5G/3G/LTE packet core architecture, network elements, interfaces, and protocols.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols to include IPv4/v6, TCP/UDP, SSH, SSL/TLS, and DNS.
- Prefer experience with operations and maintenance of mobility networks to include use of vendor O&M systems.
- Bonus if knowledgeable of hybrid circuit/packet-switched networks, SMS/MMS, IMS, and DRA
- Programming experience for testing/prototyping, automation, and analysis/development of OpenStack APIs in one or more languages to include Python, Node, PHP, or Java. C/C++ experience also a significant bonus.
- Comfortable with Linux and Microsoft Windows-based systems
- Advanced degrees and job-related certifications preferred
Required Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and possess or be able to attain TS/SCI with poly.
Desired: Sr Mobility Engineer
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F