|TelForce Group is looking for an RF Field Engineer in the Rochester, NY area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
RF Field Engineer Description:
• Design point-to-point and/or point-to-multipoint wireless communication links for a statewide wireless network
• Microwave path planning including map study, use of GIS tools, traffic routing design
• Preparation of channel planning diagrams and route maps
• Perform link budgets and system planning reports
• Perform pre-installation surveys, and radio path surveys
• Coordinate with path survey providers
• Preparation of documents for frequency coordination
• Preparation of FCC license applications
• Detailed design of equipment installation for power, grounding, feedlines and antenna to meet client and electrical code requirements
• Coordinate with radio network construction crews in the field
• Preparation of procurement specifications and supporting cost estimates
• Troubleshoot construction and radio network design issues in the field.
RF Field Engineer Qualifications:
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience
• Recent experience with wireless propagation modeling tools (e.g. Atoll, Cell Plan, Planet, EDX and/or Pathloss).
• EDX is preferred, but relevant experience with others will be considered as well.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Microwave system design experience: link budgets, site evaluation, path feasibility evaluation, on-site path studies, specification of equipment, antennas, feedlines, and diversity measures
• Ability to perform and coordinate all stages of RF design
• Experience creating design drawings including interconnection diagrams and schematics
• Able to create new and modify existing site-specific construction drawings and specifications.
• Able to relocate to Rochester, NY or be willing to travel 50-75% of the time for the duration of the project.
• Excellent supervisory, budgeting, and delegation skills.
• Knowledge of the design, installation and provision a wide range of mission critical WANs/MANs/LANS and equipment – DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS, OTN, and/or other Carrier class networks.
• Installation and troubleshooting of any or all the above in the field
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.