Manager, Network Services
River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Manager, Network Services , to join our team.
Direct responsibility for all installation, layout and maintenance of all network components within Triton College. Responsible for network and network components security, stability and performance. Responsible for the security and performance of platforms including but not limited to wired and wireless networking, CCTV platform, access control platform, network storage, active directory, telecommunications and firewall. Manages and maintains professional relationships with vendors and other outside contractors. On call response and work outside of normal business hours will be required occasionally. Frequently interacts with Programming Service, The Police Department, the Help Desk and Information Technology staff with regard to network, security systems or telecommunications issues. Manager of the Network Services department including Telecommunications and IT Help Desk.
1. Design, distribute, install, test, maintain and operate robust local and wide area networking infrastructure, including network fiber, core and edge switches and data runs.
2. Identify, analyze and manage problems occurring on components of network infrastructure.
3. Design, distribute, install, test, maintain and perform system administration on firewalls on the Triton College network.
4. Design, distribute, install, test, maintain and perform system administration on data communications, wired and wireless networking, CCTV, access control, panic alarms, and telecommunication platforms.
5. Responsible for safeguarding and professional handling of all information stored on the network.
6. Implement and administer network security, evaluate IT network assets and identify how to protect them.
7. Recommends purchases of hardware, software, and peripherals to guarantee continual fault tolerant network environment.
8. Documents and maintains information related to installed enterprise and global network systems.
9. Develops and implements network system redundancy, fault tolerance, and data backup strategies to ensure reliability and accessibility of campus information.
10. Manages and maintains professional relationships with vendors and other outside contractors. Prepare requisitions for departmental purchases of network related hardware, software, and peripheral devices as related to responsibilities.
11. Assists in budget preparation for network specific items and services.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by Associate Vice President of Information Systems.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent, in the assessment of the AVP, Information Systems. Local Area Networks and Wide Area Network training.
Five to seven years network management experience. Experience with implementation and maintenance of LANs and WANs for data and voice systems. In-depth experience with client/server technology platforms, data communications, networking, computer systems technology, and voice technology.
Ability to install and configure networking hardware and software. Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems that occur on the network. Comprehensive knowledge of current network operating systems, communications protocols, network peripherals and network management services.
Good written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and inter-organizational skills. Ability to interact with all levels of management, faculty, staff, and students. Strong analytical ability and technical knowledge of information systems, networking, multi-vendor platforms, communication systems and multiple protocols. Ability to convert technical solutions into understood business solutions.
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.