|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer in the Dayton, OH area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The incumbent supervises and maintains control of outside plant (OSP) activities surrounding a given work site, maintains accurate records of construction underway, and makes recommendations in support of the project schedule. Based on the interpretation of the daily and weekly schedules, effectively runs a crew of two or more, or supervises subcontractor tasking in order to meet or exceed assigned tasking. Accurately gauges capabilities of assigned crew members in order to provide input to daily and weekly project tasking.
OSP Engineer Description:
• Supervises subcontractors’ crews performing OSP activities.
• Ensures that crews safely perform work in accordance with industry standards, the contract’s scope of work, construction drawings, and specifications.
• Accurately interprets underground utility records, power utility grid maps, railroad validation maps, and plat maps in order to prepare engineering field notes in sufficient clarity and detail to facilitate conversion to CADD programs.
• Makes recommendations for changes in running line or construction methodologies due to knowledge of or experience in environmental conditions, construction access by crews, or congestion of utilities.
• Understands and actively participates in the engineering, permitting and construction processes in order to support the requirements of the project contract.
• Documents and accounts for own and subcontractors’ work performed at any phase of construction using standard company procedures, and provides written correspondence to the team, the Owner, and to governmental agencies as required.
• Determines and executes correct procedures for OSP fiber optic cable splicing, termination, testing, and documentation.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
• One year of OSP engineering or construction experience, or BS/BA degree in construction management or engineering, or an acceptable equivalency in collegiate education and experience.
• A degree in any engineering discipline acceptable, but civil, mechanical or electrical preferred.
• Desirable work experience includes field engineering lead responsibility/project charge responsibility.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.