|WiseConnect is currently hiring for a Lead Tower Tech and a Tower Foreman in the Los Angeles, CA area.
---LEAD TOWER TECH---
Summary: Have a complete understanding of the wireless industry. 90% of time spent onsite climbing Cell Towers. Fully grasp all aspects of initial training (TT1 and TT2). Assist foreman in developing and planning complete site build (as it pertains to the SOW at hand). Share ultimate responsibility for quality of SOW deliverable. Assist foreman in identifying change orders, obstacles, and safety concerns that may impede SOW timeline. Possess leadership skills to direct all top side activities. Back up tower foreman when on the ground. Have a solid understanding of color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, etc. (as it pertains, to the SOW at hand). Understand all components of the COP process.
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
• Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc. including mounts, radios, and antennas.
• Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
• A willingness to travel when required.
• First Aid/BBP @ CPR
• WC EH&S
• PPE use and requirements
• Lock out Tag out
• RF Awareness
• WC on board/protocols
• GHS (formally MSDS)
• Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe, capstan etc.)
• Capstan operations
• Steal work (hanging boom, antenna etc.)
• Shoot azimuths
• Knowledge of all testing equipment -load hopping and (basic functions of the equipment)
• Higher understanding of multiple pulley operations
• Fully understand quality and safety procedures
• Ability to clearly capture photo images
• Advanced understanding of Rigging
• Connector installs
• System testing (load hopping) PIM, ANRITSU, Fiber etc.
• Coax, Fiber routing/handling
• Top side and bottom side grounding
• Cad welding
• Quick learner
• Able to take direction
• Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day
Summary: The Tower Foreman must have an expert level of understanding with all aspects of the Wireless Industry. The person in this position will be expected to maintain full control of their crew's production and lead by example. They will utilize the tower lead to develop and plan out the complete build of the site. This person will verify a high quality of deliverables for SOW and will identify change orders, possible obstacles and safety concerns which may prevent timely completion of site work. This person will work with the supervisor to establish achievable scheduling and goal as determined by management (CM/PM).
Must have an emphasis and higher understanding of:
• Capstan operations, Crane/signaling, Rigging, steal work (hanging boom, antenna etc.) and shoot azimuths.(Front, Back and Side)
• Understand full quality and safety procedures.
• Developed management skills in running their team in day to day operations.
• Expert in reading CD's/ Blue prints, RFDS etc.
• Expert in FULL COP process including photos, forms, etc.
• Expert level of knowledge with testing equipment -Anritsu, Fiber tester, PIM, RET etc.
• Foreman will be responsible for COP deliverables to the COP team.
• Foreman will be responsible for production reporting, hours, time off, new/damaged equipment needs etc. to the management team.
• All crew tools equipment and vehicles are expected to be cared for as part of a daily process.
Submit all required daily and weekly paperwork.(JSA, Weekly safety topics, crane/heavy machinery forms etc.)
• Minimum 2 Years Tower and Telecommunications Experience Required
• Technical Understanding/Ability
• Desire to Succeed and Learn New Skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
•Acute attention to detail
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
•Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
-Must pass background check and drug test-
We also offer a $500 Technician Referral Bonus!!
Please contact Dawn Horton at 702-850-2352 or firstname.lastname@example.org