AT&T Is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We’re developing new technologies to make it easier to stay connected to their world. With a network that covers 225 countries, including more than 120 million customers, we’d say we’re well on our way. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications company and an amazing place to work and grow.
AT&T Entertainment Group (AEG) is the world’s largest pay TV provider and the undisputed leader in sports programming. The Broadcast Software Engineering (BSE) – Data Architecture group provides the Big Data strategic directions to ingest, process and deliver Big Data. Our vision is to provide better business insights by analyzing data in our Big Data platform.
As a principal member of the software team you will hold a technical leadership role in the architecture, design and delivery of key software systems and features. Our culture strongly encourages ownership of projects and you will be expected to deliver complete, effective solutions. If you have a passion for building robust scalable systems, love developing solutions with cutting edge technologies, thrive on working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your work impact our customers, then we want to talk to you.
- Oversee the design and architecture of Big Data applications
- Design and develop components identified in our platform product [DAP]
- Utilize Java, distributed systems and big data technologies to develop high-performance, scalable systems and data pipelines for use within the AEG ’s web services systems
- Research new technologies and approaches for presenting key business insights by analyzing Big Data
- Proactively drive new approaches and techniques for the Big Data platform as well as propose improvements in software development practices, software quality, and software efficiencies
- Ability to test and prove concepts through rapid prototyping
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5-7+ years of experience
- Strong experience with Hadoop, Hive, Hbase and related big data systems
- Extensive programming experience in Java, Python, R
- Advanced skills using one or more scripting languages (e.g. python, UNIX shell scripts)
- Extensive background developing on Linux systems
- Expert knowledge of agile development methodology
- Proven ability to lead teams both local and offsite
- Extensive experience with cloud hosted applications (i.e. Rackspace, AWS, Azure, HP)
- Experience with integrating open-source technology into large enterprise platforms