Newport Beach, CA
The CEO of Mobilitie, one of the largest privately held wireless infrastructure companies in the United States, is seeking a Construction Superintendent to manage the commercial construction for a segment of his private portfolio of retail shopping centers in Newport Beach. This person will be involved in all phases of the project, including the coordination of subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI's, RFI's, and Materials
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work
- Coordinate required inspections with local agencies
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work, etc.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university required, CMCI Certification preferred.
- Minimum of six years' related experience in construction management.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract and conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie's Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.