MICROWAVE BACKHAUL ENGINEER
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
We are looking for a senior Microwave Backhaul Engineer who will be responsible for leading Microwave and Fiber Backhaul planning, Designing and implementation activities. He will serve as technical lead for design, and network planning activities, including selection of best solutions for backhaul. Previous background in RF Design and RF planning is a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Microwave and Fiber Backhaul planning, and implementation for cellular networks. (3G, LTE, Small Cells)
- Expertise in RF Design is a big plus (Atoll, Planet, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microwave path studies, and providing Close Out paperwork.
- Wireless Network Backhaul equipment selection and ordering as needed.
- Meeting deadlines of projects.
- Work with Network Planning on transmission/microwave path equipment ordering, engineering and filings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required in Electronics, Electrical, or related Engineering; Master’s Degree Preferred
- A minimum of four to five (4-5) years of experience as a Microwave Backhaul Design Engineer/Manager in a network design and optimization environment
- Experience with equipment from ALU, Ericsson, SAMSUNG and Motorola is a plus
- Knowledge of 3G (CDMA 1xRTT and EV-DO) infrastructure equipment
- Knowledge of 4G (LTE) equipment preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, Leadership capability, Good communication skills, verbal and written, Good persuasion and negotiation skills, Ability to troubleshoot issues/problems, Ability to work effectively with customers and suppliers, Meticulous approach to producing high quality results, Self-starter, Flexible, Works independently.
- Must have a good understanding of RF design methods and procedures
- Must be knowledgeable in multi-technology site configurations and implementation
- Can do attitude and ability to adopt quickly
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!