Supervise and perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services. Supervise subcontractors and job site personnel to complete scope of work assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Inspect and approve all sub-contractor's work. • Schedule and coordinate with all local authorities for required inspections. • Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing and mobilizing staff, materials and subcontractors to meet progression schedule. • Ensure Construction Supervisor is apprised of construction progress, concerns and deviations from plans or established schedule. • Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project. • Coordinate resources to meet construction schedules. • Coordinate delivery and off-loading of towers, materials, generators and shelters. • Identify construction "punch list" of items to be remedied and ensure they are completed prior to customer’s inspection. • Finalize all inspections to close project. • Assign tasks to fellow crew members and perform civil or tower construction activities such as (These preceding items are civil construction activities), stacking towers, testing, positioning antennas, installing antennas, running coax, etc. • Ensure tasks assigned to crew are completed in timely, quality manner. • Train and assist employees in completing tasks. Professionally interact with client’s representatives. • May maintain and enforce all SBA and OSHA safety practices, perform daily jobsite safety inspections on equipment prior to operation. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist. • Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours. • Must be able to satisfactorily complete all aspects of SBA’s Tower U training classes. • Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Supervises journeyman, apprentice and helpers. • Assign duties, instruct, review, plan/schedule and coordinate work for the above employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School or GED required. • 3+ years tower construction background required. • At least 1 year of Supervisory experience. • Able to read blueprints, details and specifications. • Cald-weld or other thermo-weld training helpful. • Knowledge of Test Equipment, Sweep, PIM & Fiber, Certification in each Preferred. • Knowledge of standard knots, Pass N.A.T.E. Tower Climbers Exam. • Successfully complete SBA Tower U and TS&R Training
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Drivers License required • Must be able to meet SBA MVR criteria with approved driver status. • Valid (Medical Examiners Certificate DOT Card) required. • OSHA Certification can be obtained via successful completion of SBA Tower U training class.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone. • Visual ability correctable to 20/20. • Ability to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle. • Standing 90% of the day. • Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone. • Ability to stoop and bend. • Ability to reach and stretch. • Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. • Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb. • Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions. • Risk of electrical shock and radiation. • Work near mechanical parts. • May work in high, precarious places. • Very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jack hammers.