|This is an opportunity to join one of New Jersey’s most successful telecommunications services companies. This position will be an integral part of our IT team as we embark on the next phase of our growth.
Established in 2008, ASG Inc. has become a leader in offering turn-key engineering, construction, and data services solutions. ASG has operations in over 30 states between remote workforce and offices in addition to our two offices in Ireland. We plan, design, build and service our clients in the Telecommunications, IT and Software Development sector. We believe that business needs to be disruptive and creative in order to thrive, and we think it’s important to provide an exciting and vibrant place to work.
Job Title: OSP Engineering Planner
Reports To: Group Manager
The OSP Engineering Planner creates project designs, estimates costs, identifies appropriate materials and equipment, creates drawings, and estimates project timelines, for the placement of fiber optic cables, copper cables, poles, conduit, transmission equipment and associated electronics. The OSP Engineer creates designs based on current and past network architectures. The OSP Engineer should be proficient in aerial, buried and underground design and construction methods including but not limited to, conduit, manholes, hand holes, submarine cable etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under general supervision, performs field engineering of proposed projects to provide optimum routing alternatives ensuring the most cost-effective designs are developed for construction projects.
• Provides suggested cable routings, drop/house/unit count and proposed pedestal locations
• Provides field investigation of construction projects using aerial, buried and underground construction methods.
· Provides legible drawings in acceptable formats depicting the pickup locations and proposed routings developed from the field visit.
· Provides estimated costs to provide service on assigned projects.
• Attends on sight meetings with appropriate stake holders to explain proposed design and construction procedures as well as cable routing, as necessary.
• Perform field verifications of existing plant in order to provide accurate pick up points for new plant extensions.
• Attend departmental meetings to understand and address the goals of the organization.
• Gather street addresses and unit count information for records and database additions/corrections as required.
• Coordinates with group managers, project coordinators, and permitting department as required to engineer plant extensions correctly.
• Research’s system plant maps to determine system extension effects on surrounding cable plant and node placement sizing.
• Performs small system preliminary extension design for high priority projects when necessary.
• Coordinates with company contractors as needed to verify existing conduits and plant.
• Requires a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in the telecommunications industry.
• High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
• Requires ability to function independent of a supervisor.
• Basic word-processing software and record keeping skills.
• Adaptable computer skills and ability to research online information from various sources.
• Willing to learn new technologies.
• College level courses in AutoCAD drafting/CATV design desired.
Outdoors and office with work hours dependent on the needs of the project.
Physical Requirements: Walking routes, driving, travel as needed to get to the project.
Non- Exempt- Hourly
ASG is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. ASG strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace.