|The Foreman will actively collect pole and attachment data and oversee other field resources as needed to support the engineering and design of fiber optic and telephone facilities. This Field Position will support outside plant engineering and fiber-optic construction projects in various geographic areas of the country through specialized and efficient data collection. Experience is preferred, but Osmose will train the ideal candidate as needed to perform all required duties.
• Operate in a safe and efficient manner utilizing all required safety equipment (hard hat, safety vests, work boots, etc.)
• Collect data at a high level of accuracy utilizing a variety of electronic equipment.
• Must consistently maintain acceptable levels of productivity.
• Submit all required administrative paperwork and data on schedule, and electronically submit a payroll at the end of each week.
• Maintain positive relations with company employees, customer contacts and the general public.
Work professionally in the field as a representative of Osmose and its customers.
Interface and communicate effectively on a daily basis with the Operations, Engineering and Project Management teams.
Embrace and uphold Osmose’s Core Values while working safely and independent of management.
Working knowledge RUS Telco codes and assembly units; Telco Line Work experience - preferred
Knowledge of pole design including NESC requirements – preferred
Previous experience with field work at or on poles
Basic proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Ability to follow processes, specifications and guidelines in a quality focused environment.
Ability to read, interpret and follow maps.
Ability to travel extensively and to work outside in variable terrain and weather conditions.
Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. A MVR check will be required.
Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
Present a professional appearance and attitude.
Demonstrated high work standards with a quality orientation.
High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree or background preferred.