PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Newport Beach, CA
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today's world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie Management, LLC is currently seeking a PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER. In this role you will implement software and communication protocols to connect devices to cloud based systems. You will also design, test and debug software while working closely with other teams to define requirements. Development tasks may include embedded firmware development in battery powered devices, embedded Linux applications and drivers, and cloud hosted applications. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in security protocols and methods.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science in Computer Engineering
- Ten or more (10+) years embedded development experience.
- Proficiency in Java, Python, C++.
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as TCP, TLS, MQTT, and HTTPS.
- Experience with cloud IoT platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Strong understanding of security across devices, connectivity, cloud, and user interfaces.
- Experience with Zigbee, Z-Wave, OCF, WiFi, BLE and Cellular devices desired.
- Strong understanding of IP based communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with blockchain solutions.
- Experience with development on prototype hardware.
- Experience development architecture documentation.
- Experience with remote development teams.
- Experience working with standards organizations.
Mobilitie offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie's Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!