We are actively seeking a dynamic, proactive personality looking to challenge their capabilities and advance their wireless engineering skills. We are hiring self-motivated individuals with experience in Ericsson RBS cabinets to excel their career and secure an opportunity with a major US wireless telecommunications company.
What you will be doing as a Field Technician
• Understands and applies constant vigilance to established Ericsson and customer safety and quality standards and practices.
• Has the ability to implement quality control processes.
• Understands and applies constant vigilance to following Ericsson's installation methods and/or NTP's.
• Never puts customer service at risk by deviating from these documents.
• Inventory of all job-related material.
• Demonstrates proper use of tools.
• Performs all physical and mechanical installation activities.
• Performs power and grounding installation on equipment and small power plants, per the installation methods.
• Will be required to travel away from home for extended periods of time with very little advance notice.
• Evening or Night shift work required upon demand, often with very little advance warning.
• Physical lifting of a minimum of 25 pounds is required.
• Conducts work assignments, communicates, dresses and assists customer in a professional manner.
• Reads and stays current on installation documentation.
• Reads and interprets engineering specs, prints, and drawings.
• Demonstrate a high competence in the use of personal computers and various software applications (email, excel, etc).
• Maintain job records and administration tracking of assigned sites.
• Ensures shipment accuracy of job-related material
• Completes equipment and trash removal from site
• Manage closing requirements for assigned sites
What you will bring to the table as a Field Technician:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 2 - 5 years’ work experience in the wireless industry
• T-Mobile certs are preferred: L700, L1900, L600, BB5216 and Air 32.
• Preferable to also hold AT&T certifications and badge.
• Reliable 4-wheel drive vehicle.
• Knowledge of LTE, UTMS and GSM technologies a plus
• Working knowledge of Base Station Vendor equipment (Ericsson RBS)
• Proficient in MS Office package
• Flexible during times of change
• Strong troubleshooting skills and problem resolution skills
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Commissioning and integrating; LTE, UMTS and GSM technologies.
What you didn’t know about the Field Ops team:
• Great opportunity to work on the latest technology
• Opportunity for professional growth and development
• Fantastic work schedule
• Opportunity to travel within the State of CA
• Opportunity to earn additional overtime
NextGeners are Connectors.
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!