River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Network Engineer, to join our team.
Responsible for maintenance of all network components within Triton College. Responsible for network and network components security, stability and performance. Frequently interacts with Programming Service, The Police Department, Telecommunications Specialist, the Help Desk and Information Technology staff with regard to network, security systems or telecommunications issues.
1. Management of the campus fiber optic backbone, wide area network connectivity, the network firewall, and enterprise local area network systems.
2. Installation and configuration of network hardware, software, and cabling.
3. Identify, analyze and manage problems occurring on components of network infrastructure.
4. Design, distribute, install, test, maintain and perform system administration on firewalls on the Triton College network.
5. Provides technical support for network issues associated with application servers in both the academic and administrative environments.
6. Design, distribute, install, test, maintain and perform system administration on data communications, wired and wireless networking, CCTV, access control, panic alarms, and telecommunication platforms.
7. Responsible for safeguarding and professional handling of all information stored on the network.
8. Implement and administer network security, evaluate IT network assets and identify how to protect them.
9. Provide technical support for network issues associated with application servers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of network hardware, operating systems, communications protocols, and network management services.
11. Prepares requisitions as needed for the purchase of network hardware, software, and supplies.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Network Services.
Associates Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent, in the assessment of the AVP, Information Systems. Specialized training or certification in networking.
Three to four years network implementation and/or support experience. Experience with client/server technology platforms, data communications, networking, computer systems technology, and voice technology.
Ability to install and configure networking hardware and software. Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems that occur on the network. Comprehensive knowledge of current network operations systems, communications protocols, network peripherals and network management services.
Good written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and inter-organizational skills. Ability to interact with all levels of management, faculty, staff, and students. Strong analytical ability and technical knowledge of information systems, networking, multi-vendor platforms, communication systems and multiple protocols.
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.